Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th weekend

It was holiday time again and for us that means making the rounds to all of the family. We had a cookout at Eric's grandparents at lunch and then went to my mom and stepdad's for swimming and another cookout.
This year we took the kids to see the fireworks in Kingston. This was more of an experiment than anything! We haven't been since Kylie was 3. We took her several years ago, and she had a miserable time. She hated the noise and all of the comotion...so we haven't been back. Now that she is older and we have 2 more kiddos...we decided to give it a try! ALL of the kids loved it, even Benton! We met up with Jason, Rani and the kids and had a great time! Abby and Riley spent about 20 mins doing their "firework dance", which consisted of holding hands and jumping up and down...it was super cute! The kids actually behaved very well considering my youngest 2 had not had naps. Those are 2 children that you really don't want to be around if they haven't had a nap, especially Abby.
We also ran into Eric's cousin Scotty and his dad Scott. Scott is Scott Lansford and owns Lansford Kawasaki and Scotty helps him run the shop. They of course were on their bikes and Eric and Jason were immediately jealous that they didn't have theirs!
Rani came over with a funnel cake, yyuuuummm! Well, I had to have one! I went and stood in line 10 mins to order and then another line 20 mins to pick the stinkin thing up! I couldn't believe it! It was good though. From that experience, I have decided that I am in the wrong line of business. I should make funnel cakes and sell them at local festivities. But, I would have them almost done and then stick them back in to fry another min or so to heat them back up and sell them QUICKER!! Like I said, it was good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.